- Annual turnover rose 3.5% to €630.6 million in 2010
- 4th quarter turnover: +5.5% to €161.5 million
|ifrs – €m
(1) Figures have not been audited. They include the companies Vendôme Fermetures since 1st May 2009 and LNTP since 1st March 2010, and 100% of Isiland since 1st January 2010 (50% in 2009).
Year ends on a higher note
VM Matériaux reported turnover of €161.5 million in Q4 2010, an increase of 5.5% year-on-year (+2.9% like-for-like) in a more favourable market in terms of new housing starts (+3.5% year-on-year for the 12-months ended 31 December 2010).
In Q4, the Materials trading activity maintained the upward trend begun in Q3. Turnover rose by 5.1% (1.5% like-for-like) despite the sale of two DIY stores and closing of three branches.
The turnover of the Concrete division was stable year-on-year in Q4, despite the severe weather conditions experienced in November and December.
The Industrial joinery segment posted a 9.7% increase in turnover during the fourth quarter of 2010.
Thus, the VM Matériaux Group recorded turnover of €630.6 million for the full 12 months of 2010, against €609.4 million the previous year. By the end of the fiscal year, the Group had restored positive growth at current scope and posted a 3.5% year-on-year increase in turnover (0.6% decrease like-for-like).
VM Matériaux remains confident in its ability to take full advantage of the recovery in its sector, the first signs of which were observed in the final months of 2010.
Next Press Release:
FY 2010 results on 21 March 2011, after market closes
About VM Matériaux
The VM Matériaux Group is focused on three different segments of the building industry:
- Materials trading (70% of total turnover): distribution of building materials for the construction and public works sector, through a network of 117 specialized branch offices (including 24 overseas) providing locally-based advice to professional and DIY customers; the Group is also present in China, where it has a sourcing activity and trades in natural stone for exterior and interior decoration;
- Concrete industry (12% of total turnover): manufacture of ready-mix and industrial pre-cast concrete (slabs, paving, breeze blocks and prefabricated components);
- Industrial joinery (18% of total turnover): manufacture of exterior joinery (windows and doors in PVC, aluminium or wood), closures (roller shutters, gates, garage doors) and wood structures (trusses, traditional frames and wood panels).
Originally based in the Vendée region, VM Matériaux is now multi-regional group employing more than 3,000 people, and is developing its business in Western France and the French overseas departments as well as in China and Canada. In 2010, the Group generated total turnover of €630.6 million.
VM Matériaux is listed on NYSE-Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indexes: SBF 250, CAC Mid & Small 190, Gaia Index
Codes: ISIN FR0000066540, Reuters VMMP.PA Bloomberg VMM.FP, Ticker: VMMA
Philippe Audureau - Chairman of the Board of Directors
Alain Marion - General and Financial Manager
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Lutinier - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - Email: email@example.com
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 57 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 93 - Email: email@example.com