Les chiffres clés du Groupe continuent de progresser dans un contexte marqué par l'incertitude du cycle économique :
- Revenus d'exploitation de 1,777 million d'euros (+2,5 %).
- ebitda de 1,111million d'euros (+0;5 %).
- Résultat net de 331 millions d'euros (+5,4 %).
- Flux de trésorerie net de 668 millions d'euros (+3%).
La diversification et l'expansion de ces dernières années (actuellement, 50 % des revenus et 45 % de l'EBITDA sont générés hors d'Espagne) renforcent et stabilisent le Groupe, compensant ainsi la phase de décélération de l'économie espagnole. Abertis maintient la politique de diversification sectorielle et géographique au 1er semestre:
- Around E700Mn of expansion capex has been MADE available, of which those investments made in airports (DCA) and in telecommunications (Hispasat) particularly stand out.
- The acquisition of stakes in Chilean concessionaires Autopista Central and Rutas del Pacífico and the position of preferred bidder for the Pennsylvania Turnpike concession awarded to the consortium made up of abertis, Citi and Criteria, have improved the quality and the average life of the Group's concessions.
The Group maintains a solid debt structure with all of its expansion activities fully financed. 85% of total debt is long term; 77% of this is at fixed rates or fixed through hedging and 56% is non-recourse. The average cost of the debt has remained stable since 2007 at 5.2%.
Current year-end forecasts suggest growth of 3% in revenues and 2% in EBITDA.
Revenues from the toll road business rose 2%, despite a drop in traffic on the Abertis network of 1.8% resulting from the economic slowdown and other isolated factors; such as repair work on toll roads, the Spanish hauliers' strike and the initial impact of the opening of alternative toll-free roads:
- Revenues reached E1,334Mn.
- The Average Daily Traffic (ADT) in the whole of the abertis network was 24,819 vehicles (-1.8%).
- Traffic on the French toll roads managed by sanef (53% of abertis's total network) remained stable at an ADT of 23,153 vehicles. The ADT on the Spanish toll road network fell 4%, with 1.7% of this being due to the initial fall out from alternative toll-free roads opening in the aumar network and 0.7%, resulting from the Spanish lorry drivers' strike.
The airport business, telecommunications infrastructures and logistics parks underpinned the Group's growth in 1H08:
Passenger traffic at TBI airports increased 7.8%. At DCA airports there was a rise of 5.8%. Revenues at abertis airports, which were hit by the weakness of sterling and the US dollar against the euro, remained stable at E145Mn.
abertis telecom had revenues of E200Mn (+4.6%). By 31 July, the roll out of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) by abertis telecom in Spain will reach 89% of the population (40 million people).
Eutelsat, which is accounted for by the equity method, contributed a total of E23Mn.
abertis logística continued to perform well; the figures for 2H08 include the sale of its stake in Port Aventura. Revenues amounted to E28Mn (+181%), with a warehouse and office occupancy rate of 88.4% vs 75.4% in 2007.
Revenues at saba, abertis' car parks division, reached E66Mn (+1%) with 25.5 million vehicles in rotation and an 8.7% increase in season-ticket holders.
Studies and Corporate Communication Direction
Tel. +34 93 230 50 84/50 94/51 84
Tel. +34 91 595 10 54
Institutional investors and research
Tel. +34 93 230 51 26/ 50 57
Tel. +34 902 30 10 15