Bogart Group (Euronext Paris – Compartment B – FR0012872141 – JBOG), which specializes in the creation, manufacture and commercialization of luxury fragrances and cosmetics, has published its revenue for the first quarter of 2017.
|In € million (pre-audit figures)||2017||2016||Change|
|Other income on ordinary activities (Licenses)||0.5||0.5||-|
|Total Q1 revenues||29.0||25.2||+15.1%|
Bogart Group posted turnover of €28.5 million for the first quarter of 2017, up 15.4% on the same period one year earlier.
Revenue for the period increased 15.1% to €29.0 million (including licenses) and breaks down as follows:
- Distribution: €9.6 million as against €12.3 million for the first three months of 2016 when activity was boosted (+25.5%) by a number of product launches (Carven L'Absolu, Carven L'eau Intense and Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart). Turnover for Group brands in Bogart's own network is restated under Boutiques.
- Boutiques: up 52.4% to €18.9 million, bolstered by the integration of HC Parfümerie Group (80 own-brand boutiques and 7 franchise stores) acquired in December 2016.
- Licenses: €0.5 million in licensing contracts granted for Group brands.
There were no significant changes to Bogart Group's FINANCIAL position over the period.
A clear roadmap to underpin Group growth
Staying true to its business model of vertical integration (manufacturing – distribution) in Europe, Bogart Group intends to pursue its virtuous growth cycle in 2017.
The Group looks forward to robust activity for its Distribution business in 2017 as it continues with the international deployment of its Carven brand, and expansion into new markets in Europe (including Germany), the Middle East and Latin America and into Travel Retail. The second half of the year will also be marked by the launch of a new exclusive Carven collection and the rollout of the April cosmetics brand across the entire network.
The integration of HC Parfümerie is a natural springboard for the Boutiques business in 2017, and the Group will remain attentive to new opportunities for external growth that will allow it to continue to deploy its April brand.
Bogart Group will publish its provisional turnover for the first half of the year during the week beginning 7 August 2017.
About BOGART Group
BOGART Group specializes in the creation, manufacture and commercialization of luxury fragrances and cosmetics. With a unique market positioning as a manufacturer-distributor, the Group is present in more than 90 countries, and markets its products in France via selective fragrance and cosmetics networks and overseas via local distributors and Group subsidiaries. The Group employs 1,117 members of staff and generates 74% of its turnover outside France. In 2016, the Group posted turnover of over €104 million.
Turnover by business division breaks down as follows:
- Distribution (40%): fragrances (Bogart own brands, Ted Lapidus and Carven, and licensed brands Chevignon and Naf Naf) and cosmetics (own brands Méthode Jeanne Piaubert, Stendhal and April).
- Boutiques (60%): own-brand fragrance chain.
Total Group revenues (Ted Lapidus licenses included) amounted to more than €105.8 million in 2016.
It is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Ticker: JBOG – ISIN: FR0012872141)
|About BOGART Group||ACTUS Finance & Communication|
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 77 55 55
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 94
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 90