Operating loss limited to -€0.78 million
More positive outlook forecast for S2
|Six-month period analysis:|
- Hardware and Home Décor sales down
- Printing Activity continues to resist well
- Operating losses limited to -€0.78 million thanks to the careful control of operating costs
- €1.3 million costs savings plan programmed to begin in Q1 2017/2018
- Positive sales forecasts and order backlog on October 31, 2016 standing at €15.4 million compared with €5.5 million in N-1
- Upturn in performance forecast in S2
Consolidated statement of income (April 1 - September 30, 2016)
On November 30th, 2016, Prismaflex International board closed the accounts for the 2016/2017 SI period. The financial statements were subject to a limited audit review.
|6 months||6 months|
|In € million||30.09.16||30.09.15|
|Current operating profit||-0.45||1.05|
|Financial result excl. foreign exchange||-0.14||-0.18|
|Foreign exchange losses and gains||0.09||-0.26|
|Result of discontinued operations / equity method proportion||-0.09||-0.11|
|Net consolidated result||-1.02||0.37|
|In € million||30.09.16||31.03.16|
|Consolidated equity capital||11.66||13.00|
Significant points for the S1 2016/2017 period:
S1 2016/2017 results impacted essentially by 3 key factors:
1/ The global drop in sales (-€3.2 million) with notably:
- Hardware activity down €2.66 million. Sluggish analogue activity for the period and stable LED display sales levels,
- Home Décor activity down €1.09 million due principally to the launch of new product lines by a key customer and stop of aluminium supply.
Simultaneously, Printing activity continues to resist well and is up for the S1 period at €0.55 million.
2/ The increase in fixed and variable production costs for Printing and LED activities (investment in capacity and skills).
3/ The deployment of a costs savings plan (planed savings 1.3 million Euros) with staff cuts in all the Group's subsidiaries.
The impact on operating profit for the period is -€0.2 million (severance payments). The objective is to lower the company's breakeven point to a low cycle level. The first positive effects of the plan are forecast in Q1 2017/2018.
Operating profit stands at -€0.78 million, which is up on forecasts presented with the six-month total sales figures.
The financial result is up on N-1 with slightly lower financial costs and a foreign exchange gain of €0.09 million compared to a €0.26 million loss over the same period of the previous year.
Net result at -€1.07 includes taxes of €0.14 million and the company's share of the business losses at the Chinese JV of €0.09 million.
Overall, net consolidated result for the period stands at -€1.02 million.
Working capital needs at €7.97 million represents 18% of total sales, which is more or less stable compared to the figures for September 2015 (19%) and March 2016 (16%).
Gearing stands at 0.65. Consolidated equity capital stands at €11.66 million compared with €13.00 million on March 31, 2016. Net debt is at €7.63 million against €7.02 million on March 31, 2016. This includes a new real estate lease to increase production printing capacity in France.
Outlook for the year
On October 31, 2016, order backlog, mainly for Hardware, is high at €15.4 million against €5.5 million for the same period the previous year. This includes orders for street furniture and more importantly major orders for LED displays notably from a key German company with delivery planned for Q4 2016/2017 and S1 2017/2018.
S2 2016/2017 figures are expected to record an upward activity trend.
On December 2016, Prismaflex received an order confirmation for analog products in Russia for €2.15 million.
- Conference call: Pierre Henri Bassouls CEO and Emmanuel Guzman, CFO will be available to answer your questions at 10 am on Thursday December 8, 2016. Please contact Actus Lyon on +33 (0)4 72 18 04 90.
- Press release: Q3 2016/2017 sales figures January 19, 2017 after closure
OUTDOOR ADVERTISING SOLUTIONS MANUFACTURER AND WIDE FORMAT DIGITAL PRINTING
ISIN : FR0004044600-ALPRI - Reuters : ALPRI.PA - Bloomberg : ALPRI.FP
Emmanuel Guzman - CFO - phone: +33 (0)4 74 70 68 00 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amalia Naveira - Analysts/Investors contact - phone: +33 (0)4 72 18 04 92 - email@example.com
Marie-Claude Triquet - Press contact - phone: +33 (0)4 72 18 04 93 - firstname.lastname@example.org