|ifrs – € million
|2016 (1)||2015 (2)
2016 vs 2015 restated
|Building materials trading||188.6||181.2||198.7||+4.1%|
- Figures have not been audited. Turnover for 2016 is reported in line with IFRS 5 (excluding activities sold or in process of being sold).
- Turnover restated for activities sold or in the process of being sold in accordance with IFRS 5.
Activity in the 2nd quarter of 2016
HERIGE posted turnover of €155.0 million for the 2nd quarter of 2016, up 3.7% on the same period in 2015. In keeping with the 1st quarter, growth was driven by a dynamic activity of Building materials trading and a strong performance from Industrial joinery (+8.1% over the quarter) as the momentum that began in the second half of 2015 continued to gather pace.
Group turnover came in at €290.7 million for the 1st half of 2016 as a whole, up 4.8% at same scope, with the positive contributions from all three sectors bringing the first indications of new market share in a building sector which had yet to pick up again in full over the 1st quarter:
- turnover for Building materials trading increased 4.1%,
- turnover for the Concrete industry benefited from a slight increase in volumes for ready-mix concrete despite a persistently competitive market,
- turnover for Industrial joinery increased by 11%, boosted by dynamic sales as well as energy efficiency rebates.
The steady increase in individual housing sales over the past twelve months underpins HERIGE's forecasts of a gradual sector recovery.
Stronger sales remain the Group's priority for the 2nd half of the year as it seeks to progressively restore the profitability needed to finance its future development.
Next publication: H1 results on 14 September 2016 (after the stock exchange closes).
HERIGE focuses on three business sectors of the building industry: Materials trading, the Concrete industry and Industrial Joinery. Originally based in the Vendée region, HERIGE currently employs close to 2,600 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments and territories, as well as in China and Canada.
HERIGE is listed on Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indices: CAC SMALL, CAC MID & SMALL, CAC ALL TRADABLE, ENTERNEXT©PEA-PME 150
Codes: isin FR0000066540, Ticker: HERIG
Bloomberg HERIG.FP, Reuters HERIG.PA
Alain MARION - Chairman of the Executive Board
Caroline LUTINIER - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 (0)2 51 08 08 08
ACTUS finance & communication
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 77 – E-mail: email@example.com
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org