Strong start to the year with turnover up 6.1%
|ifrs – € million
2015 (2) restated
2016 vs 2015 restated
|Building materials trading||87.8||84.0||92.9||+4.6%|
- Figures have not been audited. Turnover for 2016 is reported in line with IFRS 5 (excluding activities in the process of being sold).
- Turnover restated for activities in the process of being sold in accordance with IFRS 5.
Increase in activity in the 1st quarter of 2016
The strong momentum enjoyed by HERIGE Group in the last quarter of 2015 continued to gather pace in the first three months of 2016, with turnover increasing 6.1% year-on-year to stand at €135.7 million.
All Group activities contributed to this strong performance:
- turnover for Building materials trading increased 4.6% on the back of a slight uptick in the market despite a persistently difficult public works sector,
- turnover for the Concrete industry increased 2.1% following a moderate increase in volumes, notably for ready-mix concrete, and despite a fiercely competitive international market,
- turnover for Industrial joinery increased by a strong 14.1%, boosted by dynamic sales as well as energy efficiency rebates.
The first signs of recovery for the construction market seen in the last quarter of 2015 have been confirmed since the beginning of the year, with new single housing starts remaining virtually stable over the period.
The steady increase in individual housing sales over the past twelve months underpins HERIGE's forecasts of a gradual sector recovery.
In response to the challenges of a constantly-changing market and in line with its reorganization which began in 2014, HERIGE will continue to strengthen its fundamentals in order to return to a level of profitability and to finance its future development.
Next publication: Turnover for Q2 2016 on 26 July 2016 (after the stock exchange closes).
HERIGE (ex VM Matériaux) focuses on three business sectors of the building industry: Materials trading, the Concrete industry and Industrial Joinery. Originally based in the Vendée region, HERIGE currently employs close to 2,600 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments and territories, as well as in China and Canada.
HERIGE (ex VM Matériaux) is listed on Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indices: CAC SMALL, CAC MID & SMALL, CAC ALL TRADABLE, ENTERNEXT©PEA-PME 150
Codes: isin FR0000066540, Ticker: HERIG
Bloomberg HERIG.FP, Reuters HERIG.PA
Alain MARION - Chairman of the Executive Board
Caroline LUTINIER - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 (0)2 51 08 08 08