- 14.7% rise in first half 2011 sales to €366.4 million
|ifrs –€ million
|2011 (1)||2010||% change||% change
like for like
|Intra group eliminations||-26.9||-18.9||ns||ns|
(1) Figures have not been audited. They include the companies LNTP since March 1st, 2010; Fenêtres LAPCO, Vendée Béton and Préfa Pays de Loire since January 1st 2011 and 100% of Point Bois since January 1st 2011 (50% in 2010).
VM Matériaux Group posted a strong rise in its consolidated sales up to 14.7% to €366.4 million for the first six months of fiscal 2011(+7.6% like-for-like). Sales increased by 12.9% year-on-year during the second-quarter 2011 (+6.3% like-for-like).
Over the full six months, this performance is driven by the three Group’s operating divisions. The second quarter confirmed the rebound in building activity, (housing starts +13.6% at May 30th 2011 on a 12 months rolling basis), amplified by better weather conditions than last year.
- Building distribution posted turnover of €259.5 million, a 10.0% increase year on year (+8.0% like for like).
- Concrete activity turnover showed a sharp increase due to the full consolidation of Vendée Béton and PPL as from the beginning of the year, up to 115.8% to €48.9 million (+22.0% like-for like).
- Industrial joinery posted a 6.5% increase in turnover to €74.4 million (+2.6% like for like).
Outlook and objectives
VM Matériaux Group expects the markets trends in new construction to continue over the next quarters, and will continue its growth strategy on green building and green renovation, public works and international development.
Based on performances at June 30th 2011, the Group confirms that its different business sectors will contribute to its targets of organic growth, despite a tougher comparison over the next quarters.
Next press release: First-half 2011 results: September 12, 2011
(after close of trading)
All our financial communications are available at our website: www.vm-materiaux.fr
About VM Matériaux
The VM Matériaux Group focuses on three business sectors of the building industry:
- Building distribution (70% of total turnover): distribution of building materials for the construction and public works sector, through a network of 116 specialized branch offices (including 24 overseas) providing locally-based advice to professional and DIY customers; the Group is also present in China, where it trades in natural stone for exterior work and interior decoration;
- Concrete industry (11% of total turnover): manufacture of ready-to-use and industrial concrete (slabs, paving, breeze blocks and prefabricated facade components);
- Industrial joinery (19% of total turnover): manufacture of exterior joinery (windows and doors in PVC, aluminium or wood), closures (roller shutters, gates, garage doors) and wood structures (trusses, traditional frames and wood panels).
Originally based in the Vendée region, VM Matériaux now employs close to 3,000 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments as well as in China and Canada. In 2010, the Group generated total turnover of €630.6 millions.
VM Matériaux is listed on NYSE-Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indexes: PAX, Gaia Index
Codes: ISIN FR0000066540, Reuters VMMP.PA Bloomberg VMM.FP, Ticker: VMMA
|VM MATÉRIAUX||ACTUS FINANCE|
|Philippe Audureau - Chairman of the Board of Directors||Corinne Puissant
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 57 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Alain Marion - General and Financial Manager
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - E-mail: email@example.com
|Caroline Lutinier - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: email@example.com