- Turnover: +16.9% to €171.3 million
|ifrs – €m
|Change %||Change %
(1) Figures have not been audited. They include the companies LNTP since 1st March 2010; Fenêtres LAPCO, Vendée Béton and Préfa Pays de Loire since 1st January 2011; and 100% of Point Bois since 1st January 2011 (50% in 2010).
VM Matériaux reported turnover of €171.3 million for the first three months of fiscal 2011, a year-on-year increase of 16.9% (+9.1% like-for-like).
Turnover of the Concrete activity was boosted by the full consolidation of Vendée Béton and PPL as from the beginning of the year, and came in at €22.7 million, up 119.6% (+25.3% like-for-like).
Under more favourable market conditions, despite persistent tensions on price levels, this performance is attributable to:
- a more favourable base effect compared with Q1 2010, which was strongly impacted by the poor economic environment;
- more clement weather conditions early in the year, which positively impacted construction of main structure (Concrete) and the Materials trading business;
- new housing starts that were up 6.9% over Q4 2010 (+12.4% year-on-year for the 12 months ended 31 March 2011).
Moreover, the warm welcome received by “écoSOLUTIONS”, whose early success did not go unnoticed.
The recovery of the construction sector and turnaround in main structure should allow VM Matériaux to maintain positive sales growth.
Comforted by the good trends observed in the first quarter, VM Matériaux will continue to pursue its growth strategy, focusing notably on: green building and green renovation, public works and international development.
Next press release: H1 2011 Turnover on 28 July 2011
(after stock exchange closes)
All our financial communications are available at our website: www.vm-materiaux.fr
About VM Matériaux
The VM Matériaux Group focuses on three different segments of the building industry:
- Materials trading (70% of total turnover):distribution of building materials for the construction and public works sector, through a network of 116 specialized branch offices (including 24 overseas) providing locally-based advice to professional and DIY customers; the Group is also present in China, where it trades in natural stone for exterior work and interior decoration;
- Concrete industry (11% of total turnover):manufacture of ready-to-use and industrial concrete (slabs, paving, breeze blocks and prefabricated facade components);
- Industrial joinery (19% of total turnover):manufacture of exterior joinery (windows and doors in PVC, aluminium or wood), closures (roller shutters, gates, garage doors) and wood structures (trusses, traditional frames and wood panels).
Originally based in the Vendée region, VM Matériaux now employs close to 3,000 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments as well as in China and Canada.In 2010, the Group generated total turnover of €630.6 million.
VM Matériaux is listed on NYSE-Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indexes:PAX, Gaia Index
Codes:ISIN FR0000066540, Reuters VMMP.PA Bloomberg VMM.FP, Ticker:VMMA
Philippe Audureau - Chairman of the Board of Directors
Alain Marion - General and Financial Manager
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Lutinier - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - E-mail: email@example.com
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 57 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: email@example.com