Service Point a acquis 100 % du capital de UCAD N.V., une des sociétés belges leaders en GED dont les clients sont entre autres Johnson & Johnson, Toyota, H&M and Dun & Bradstreet.
- Cette acquisition créera d'importantes synergies avec SP Pays-Bas et permettra un meilleur positionnement sur le marché du Benelux et de l'Europe occidentale.
- Compte tenu de la fragmentation du marché belge, l'acquisition de UCAD N.V. constituera une plateforme pour mener d'autres acquisitions en Belgique.
- Le montant s'élève à 1,75 millions d'euros, soit environ 4,5 fois l'ebitda de 2007.
Barcelona, 15 February 2008 - Today Service Point Solutions S.A. (ticker: SPS.MC) has signed and completed the acquisition of 100% of the shares of UCAD N.V., one of Belgium's leading companies in on-line filing, database management and off-line data capture.
Founded in 1974, UCAD has a long and established market presence in Belgium. Its geographical location puts the Company in an excellent position to serve the Benelux and Western European markets.
Located in Alken, Belgium UCAD has more than 30 years experience in processing, managing and publishing data and information for companies in every sector.
The Company generates sales in excess of 3.0ME and employs around 45 professionals. UCAD has three main activities:
- Document Process Outsourcing ('DPO')
- Content Management Solutions ('CMS')
In 2007, DPO generated some 80% of total sales while CMS generated around 20% of the total sales. Consultancy represents approximately 5% of total sales and is divided equally over the DPO and CMS activities. UCAD is the market leader in the DPO segment in Belgium. In the CMS area, UCAD is Belgium's #1 reseller and implementation partner of SmartSite, a leading Dutch web based Content Management system.
UCAD has a longstanding and strong customer base including many blue chip customers. Main customers include Tenneco Automotive, KONE, Sanoma Magazines, Johnson & Johnson, Toyota, H&M and Dun & Bradstreet.
The key business strategy supporting the acquisition is:
- Buying one of Belgium's leaders in online filing, database management and offline data capture.
- Increase SPS's footprint in Document Management services adding further to SPS's existing base.
- Expand product portfolio to CMS and capitalise on expertise within the Company. Roll-out expertise throughout the SPS organisation and expand CMS offering further.
- Gain entry into the Belgian market and develop this platform to offer other services including reprographics.
- Potential for add-on acquisition opportunities as the Belgian market has many very small players and is relatively unconsolidated.
- Gain from substantial synergies within the SPS organisation and in particular with SPS Netherlands.
- SPS will strengthen its international management TEAM with UCAD's current management team that developed the Company to one of Belgium's leading companies in its market segment.
Service Point Solutions (www.servicepoint.net) is a Spanish multinational and a leading provider of digital reprographics and document management services in Europe. It employs over 2,550 people across 7 countries (the UK, US, Spain, Germany, Holland, Belgium and Norway) through a network of 117 service points and 715 facilities management programs. SPS is headquartered in Spain and listed on the Madrid and Barcelona stock exchanges (ticker: SPS.MC).
For further information:
Service Point Solutions, S.A Deva
Cori Pellicer Elena Leal/Ana Luzuriaga
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel +34 93 5082400 +34 91 3601669/ +34 91 3601665
Fax +34 93 5082442 +34 91 360 16 70